Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Changing of A Pastor

Today our Pastor told us that he would be going to another church next week for what is basically a trial run at being their pastor, there will be a vote by their board and if they vote yes he will become their pastor.

My initial reaction to this is, confused. How am I supposed to respond to this? How should this effect me? How will it change the dynamic of the church, of the community, my personal experience in the building. I have met several pastors and many are not as friendly as my pastor...many do not preach the Word or they do so watered down or even with their own personal additions and addendum's.

How does this effect me. That was where my thoughts were. And that's not right, that's not biblical. How does this effect the church, how will this effect the church he is going to, how will this grow us. It should be a positive thing, I should look at it with excitement about how the hand of God will be moving among us...but as of right now I'm not sure I can honestly say that's what I feel.

I am excited for my pastor, and for the church he is going to. I know he is a man who preaches the word and they will be blessed with Christ through him, as he will be blessed with Christ through them. But I think to the stories I have heard other people tell me of pastors leaving churches and the problems that come after, people falling away, the community leaving, breaking up, fracturing.

Where does my hope reside? In Him, in Christ, in our King, our Lord. We must focus on that, I must focus on that. God is in control, God is directing us, God has plans far surpassing anything I could understand. Out of respect for authority, out of love for another person, and out of rejoicing in the Holy Spirit moving through a brother despite my feelings of unease and selfishness I will praise God for this! I will pray for pastor Matt to receive this blessing and for the gospel to spread!

I do not know what the Lord is bringing, I do not know where things are going in the short term, but I do know what the end will be, I do know where I am headed and what is to come for the world in the end of these times. It is in Christ that I rest, in Christ that I know these things. By the blood of Jesus I can have faith and trust in the Lord without understanding! I hope you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment