Monday, August 25, 2014

Stream of Consciousness Questions

I am looking forward to using this blog for as long as it helps me in my growth in Christ, though I must admit it is one of the lowest things on my priority as I have several other things I write/read in.

Since I have given up playing videogames, and am trying to not replace it with simply another form of entertainment, my thoughts race a lot more. I spend more time in the word, more time reading papers by pastors and listening to sermons as well as more time talking with friends and simply thinking. This is a huge blessing from our Lord and I am so amazed by how He is moving my heart, what He is showing me in my thoughts and what He is doing with my time.

...it is also rather exhausting. Ok, it is very exhausting. To be honest racing thoughts was one of the things that brought me into video games in the first place. I remember as a child seeing a therapist and telling her about not being able to stop thinking, little seemed to help, but eventually I found video games (and to a lesser extent reading) did.

That being said much of what I think about are questions about life, my walk with Christ, theology and just what I am to do, how I am to do it and so on.

One of the things I've been thinking about and listening to various pastors about lately is the relationship between Gods call, our resistance to his will, grace and mercy when dealing with the lost and brothers, as well as how to admonish and/or encourage brothers in Christ. I find it is very hard to think about only a single aspect of God, as one thing leads into another which leads into another and then explodes into functionally "Everything". This can be so frustrating at times! But so amazingly uplifting and encouraging. How great is our God that thinking about ANYTHING automatically brings in every other aspect of Him? It is a balm for my thoughts, protecting them from becoming wicked things, and yet it is tiring, very tiring to constantly be thinking, constantly be considering, constantly be questioning myself. At my heart however I know it is a blessing, I know this because of his word having told me so.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

Joshua 1:8 "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."

Psalm 1:1-2 "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night."

And so we must go about with our lives, moving forward, doing what is good in the Lords eye. Our souls yearn for it, the Holy Spirit in us pushes towards it, we read the Word and pray to God and feel in our new nature that there is a hunger for knowledge of our creator, a desire to worship Him, a NEED to live for Him, to please Him.

So I encourage everyone to embrace what the Lord has called you to do, embrace what the scriptures say, embrace what Christ has commanded us. Listen to your heart, to your convictions, pray and know the will of God and beg of Him to remove the impurities from your life. Repent and Believe. Repent! How great that we can do that, that we can fall at our fathers feet and that not only are our sins forgiven but that He reaches out and lifts us up, he regenerates us, healing the wounds we still have, that we keep inflicting our ourselves. Believe! Trust in Him, know Him, have faith in Him. Do not limit our God! Do not demean the value of Christ. Worship the Holy Spirit as you do the Father and the Son. Believe the truth, believe the gospel, believe the scriptures, believe that God is faithful.

Do you believe? Do you truly believe? Do you trust our Lord with EVERYTHING? If we follow the word if we act in faith...

Romans 8:32 "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?"

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

We are a new creation, the Holy Spirit dwells in us and the blood of Christ covers us, undergoing sanctification having the imputed righteousness of Christ, what can we be asure of? Everything. Our salvation, our faith, our trust in Him. You who are saved, you who are brothers and sisters in Christ, children of God, my true family, know that He will give you the faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment